Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Drama - Explorers 10/22/13

Even I enjoy listening to a good story...and so our snack time has been an opportunity for me to share great books with the children.  This week we read "The Quilt Story" by Tony Johnston illustrated by Tomie dePaola.  It is a lovely story of a family and a home made quilt.  We were able to identify some historical changes based upon the text in addition to it being a great book!

After reviewing the pieces that make a good story I gave the class a challenge.  My challenge to the kids this week was to see if they could take random props, create a story, and perform the story they created.  They did it!  We worked in 2 groups and it went quite well.  The group dynamics in this class are quite fascinating.  I am pleased to see them working together, taking and sharing ideas, using positive encouragement with one another and taking direction.