We have 5 different student levels, however the exact ages/grades of the children who participate in each level is not an exact science. Leadership works hard to adjust class assignments each year to best fit the changing needs of individual students.
- Introduction Level (Treasure Hunters) - This class is specifically designed for our youngest elementary students. They are allowed time for gross motor play and have the advantage of consistent teachers throughout their entire class time. They work on lessons related to the same time period studied by older students, but have the advantage of fewer time (class period) restrictions which allows teachers to follow the students lead when a particular project captures their imagination (or doesn't).
- Exposure, Level 1 (Explorers)- Students are exposed to music, art, and drama from a historical perspective. These are foundational classes that teach introductory level skills and terminology. Hands-on projects, games, songs, and stories are the focus of class time.
- Exposure, Level 2 (Trail Blazers) - Children is this level continue to learn through the use of hands-on projects, games, songs, and stories, Their focus is on applying the basic principles of music, art, drama, and history that they have been learning. They are encouraged to explore unfamiliar ideas, techniques and mediums.
- Analysis, Level 3 (Path Finders) - Analysis level students begin to critique information in their classes. There is much more conversation and scrutiny of information as opposed to the lower two levels. Visual and performing arts classes are more in depth, and students begin to explore the relationship between subjects.
- Analysis, Level 4 (Navigators) - Our oldest students are encouraged to apply knowledge gained throughout the previous 3 levels as they develop their own world view. Advanced principals are taught in the areas of music, art, drama, and history. Students are challenged to research and discuss what they are being taught, and to share their own discoveries.
In addition, we have care available for children who accompany older students and their parents to FAITH. This is divided into two levels.
- Nursery - These are our youngest (and arguably most adorable) members. Play, rest, and snacks are supervised by loving caregivers.
- Pre-school - Children who have not yet reached the stage of formal schooling, but are ready to move out of the nursery, participate in a fun hands-on program. They do not switch classes, but instead have a consistent team of teachers who lead them through art projects, singing time, bible stories, play time, and basic academic lessons.