At FAITH we strive to provide an excellent Christ-centered, fine arts exposure program. Here history is taught both as an individual subject, as well as being integrated into music, art, and drama by paid instructors. Students are fully immersed in the time period as they do art projects, stage plays, and study music of the age.
We meet on Tuesdays, September through April
(see our calendar for specific dates),
at Southside Bible Fellowship 200 South Jewett Street, Manchester, NH
FAITH classes begin promptly at 1:00pm and end at 4:10pm.
In order to equip. parents, who are ultimately accountable for the instruction and training of their children, the mission of the FAITH Fine Arts Program is to establish a home-school cooperative that would:
- Be a tool for parents in the discipleship and education of their children
- Provide an atmosphere of love, support and encouragement on the parenting journey
- Provide arts and academic instruction which would enhance their effort as they fully accept the biblical responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go.” (Proverbs 22:6)
- Provide excellent academic instruction from a Biblical Christian worldview
- Inspire a love for learning
- Equip them to think clearly, concisely, and critically with character reflecting that of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 8:1b)
- Prepare them to be light in the world for God’s glory
We cover history in 4 time periods:
Ancient Period (Creation to Fall of Rome)
Medieval/Renaissance Period (Fall of Rome to Explorers)
Early Modern Period (Explorers to Missouri Compromise)
Modern Period (Missouri Compromise to Present)
Each year a different period is taught. While a student does not need to begin at any particular point in the cycle, the lessons are designed to build upon one another, creating a mental timeline and base of knowledge. The FAITH Leadership team works with Instructors to determine the course content, materials, and cost of each class. All instructors are required to sign and be in agreement with our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement (available upon request). Parents are welcome and highly encouraged to attend classes with their children.
During the first 15 weeks of the program, students participate in all classes, however for the last semester a variety of period appropriate courses are offered. Students are allowed to tailor their course of study to their interests.
All students annually participate in two performances to showcase their growth and celebrate their achievements.
Check our our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.