Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda organization hijacked and crashed 4 airplanes in coordinated attacks on the United States on September 11th, 2001. 2996 people died. The United States responded by declaring war on terror and invading Afghanistan. The goal was to remove the Taliban who was hiding and protecting al-Qaeda. Bin Laden was killed in 2011.
- Learned about the word complacency
- Heard the story of Al-Quaeda and Osama Bin Laden
- Read Fireboat: The Heroic Adventures of the John J. Harvey (Picture Puffin Books)
- Older class only - discussed the reasons why the Gettysburg Address was read at the 9/11 dedication
- Mapped the flight of the planes
- Made city scenes with holes for the twin towers
- Completed our History Notebooks
- Discussed the continuation of history and the "end of the story" in Revelation
- Watch a 5 minute cartoon covering September 11 at Brainpop.com
- Ask Mom & Dad to tell you the story of where they were on 9/11/01
This was the final Modern History Survey class. There are no assignments for next week, but please make sure to register for electives with Kristina as soon as possible.